Welcome to the Aurora's Decorations website!
Aurora's Decorations is a decorations-focused Minecraft mod and tries to have a twist for its unique features.
⚠️ This website is still under construction, not every feature is listed yet! ⚠️
You will find information about this mod's features here.
This list is outdated but contains elements that have not yet been documented as wiki pages.
- Amethyst Lantern
- Right-click with sticks to add arms.
- Shift-Right-click with shears to hide the base plate.
- Come in all wood types!
- You can sit on them!
- Customize them with a seat rest.
Big Flower Pot Block
- Can hold a plant, can dynamically support some modded plants (or new plants in Minecraft if the mod hasn't been updated).
- Can hold tall plants.
- Use a flint of steel on a vine block to burn the tip of a vine.
- Burnt-vine is not able to grow.
- Can now be put on walls.
- Can now be put on ceilings as chandeliers.
- Can filter items and simplifies redstone contraptions.
- The filtering is not entirely strict (some parameters may not be accounted like durability).
- Copper Sulfate
- Item Frames can be made invisible when using shears on them while they hold an item. After the item is removed, the item frame will be visible again.
- Can now be placed on top of leaves.
- Lanterns can now be placed on walls!
- Can be waterlogged.
- Has special entity collision handling for swinging.
- Supports modded lanterns.
- Nether brick fence gate
- Cozy little beds for your little friends!
- Comes in all dye colors.
Placeable books and enchanted books
You can now place piles of books in your world!
Placeable Pumpkin Pie
Ever wished to share a pumpkin pie with your friends? Or just place it on a table to eat it later? Now you can!
- Polished Basalt Wall
- Sign Posts
- Cozy to sleep while on your outside adventures.
- Players and villagers can sleep in them.
- Craft with 3 wools.
- Do not set spawn point.
Small Log Piles
- Looks similar to campfire logs, but the ash part is replaced with more logs.
- Come in all wood types.
- Can be stacked.
- Cozy seat.
- Made using logs in a sawmill.
- Cannot be moved by pistons or slime/honey blocks.
- Can transmit state change in an observer chain. Perfect as a dispenser or dropper replacement in some contraptions!
Tie leads to fences
Leads can now be tied directly between two fences, rather than only fence-mob.
Frequently Asked Question
Can I use this in a modpack?
Yes, feel free.
Why is this mod only working on Quilt?
First, this mod is a comfort mod, this means I will only use a toolchain that I feel comfortable with.
Second, this mod literally cannot work on Fabric, even if I wanted to.
Wait, what do you mean it cannot work?
You heard me right; it cannot work on Fabric after the 1.18.2 changes. Fabric did not fix some stuff to account earlier registration. It ended up breaking this mod, and I had to patch up a lot of Fabric manually to make it work, but Quilt fixed those issues.
Third, Quilt provides nicer APIs for what this mod is trying to achieve.
And finally, I have personal issues with Fabric.
Why is this mod not available on Forge?
Simple, I usually do not do multi-loader mods. And this mod is a comfort mod, making this even more unlikely.
Oh and, this mod also literally cannot be ported 1:1 to Forge due to its restrictions.
Can I port this mod to another mod loader?
While the license isn't against it, I will voice hostility towards ports.
I spent so much time on this mod, I would really hate seeing my name or assets used on a half-baked port. If you don't like me calling ports of this "half-baked", it's mostly because to even port this correctly to some loader it would require directly patching those loaders, which I doubt most porters will take time to do.
The only case I would be favorable into ports is if Quilt ends up dying, and I am unreachable.
Can I port this mod to other Minecraft versions?
If it's porting to newer Minecraft versions, I guess feel free? However, I'll ask you to write a pull-request back. It would help reduce my own porting work and having a second pair of eyes is always better to catch mistakes.
If it's porting to earlier Minecraft versions, eeeehhhhh? If it's targeting anything pre-1.13, I would be scared for you. If it's targeting anything between 1.14 and 1.18, I guess you can try? There are even earlier versions of this mod on GitHub targeting 1.18 and 1.17. Although, for those I would kindly ask you to not claim it's official.
A variety of pictures of some features of this mod: